If you are looking to tackle a few projects on your marketing to-do list, participating in a video sharing site may help you with two scheduled items: social media and search engine optimization (SEO).
YouTube Videos Receive More Hits Than Google Searches
Although a comScore qSearch report revealed that 9 billion searches on Google were entered in August 2009 alone, YouTube had Google beat with 10 billion video views that same month. Video sharing has become a recognized interactive form of social media. With online video viewing increasing at a high rate, your buyers potentially could learn more about your product lines and company profile in a new and exciting way.
How to Make an Effective Video for Selling and for SEO
Wholesale Central Video Showcase
- Follow the 80:20 Rule: Most of the revenue (about 80%) is usually produced by the sale of a vital few products (about 20%). This is to help you decide where to begin. When creating a video and choosing its subject matter, keep in mind your top selling items. A featured video on those vital few products that generate most of the revenue is the best choice.
- Keep it short and sweet: Most audiences have a short attention span, so keep your videos around 30 to 60 seconds in length. The perk? You will be cutting down on production time and cost.
- Tell a story: Since your video will only be 30 to 60 seconds long, you say something interesting about your product or company.
- Captivate with captions: You will find that the right caption, like including your company website URL, can have a surprising effect on click through rate.
- Tell it through the title: Your video needs a title for SEO purposes, but will only be found in search results if you keep the title concise and informational. Most importantly, make sure it includes the keyword/keywords you think your customers are entering into their search engine.
- Describe, tag and publish: It is important to include a brief description on the topic of your video, containing similar keywords to that of the title and tags. Before you go to share your video make sure your company website URL, with an active link, can be found in the video's description. We want customers to find purpose in viewing the video, and that is to connect with you!
How to Distribute Your Video
YouTube has become one of the most popular video sharing websites. Nonetheless, there are hundreds more like it, drawing visitors daily to make up the 62% of Internet users in the U.S. who have watched video on a video sharing site.
To distribute your video, you can access one of the hundreds of video sharing sites that allows you to create an account, gives you step-by-step instructions for uploading video.
Recognizing the upward trend in online video viewing, Sumner Communications is also offering the opportunity to distribute your video via its recently launched Wholesale Videos channel hosted at http://www.youtube.com/wholesalevideo and its corresponding Wholesale Central Video Showcase where a link directly to your website is included. A fast-growing subscriber base to the Wholesale Videos channel is forecasted, facilitated by the Wholesale Video Showcase available to the half million qualified wholesale buyers visiting the site monthly. All submitted videos will be reviewed and, if necessary, optimized for SEO purposes.
24 Stony Hill Road
Bethel, CT 06801
Entire contents ©2017, Sumner Communications, Inc. (203)
748-2050. All rights reserved. No part of this service may be
any form without the express written permission of Sumner Communications,
Inc. except that an individual may download and/or forward articles
to a reasonable number of recipients for personal,