There are three ways to grow a business. You can attract more new customers. You can bring back old customers by ensuring that they will get a great product at a good price with excellent customer service. You can inspire customers to buy more.
As an independent retailer working with Wholesalecentral.com, you can provide a quality product at a great price. Customer service is key to keeping customers satisfied and bring them back to make additional purchases. But there is one catch: as an independent retailer, you may find yourself struggling to attract new customers.
For those of you who are looking to do more to market on your website, chances are good that you have found a number of tips, tools and techniques meant to draw search engines to your site. Among these tools is pay per click advertising.
With a pay per click advertising campaign, you will not have to rely on traditional search engine optimization in order to get your website on the front page of the search results. Instead, you will bid for the advertising top slot, paying only when someone clicks on your ad.
For many independent retailers, pay per click campaigns are a simple and effective way of drawing in web traffic. For some, pay per click campaigns are a costly effort that does not bring in the results that they had hoped for. What can you do to ensure that your pay per click campaign is successful? Some will tell you that you should hire a PPC campaign manager to run it. If you want to do it yourself, here are five key steps to follow to have a successful pay per click campaign without breaking the bank.
- Target the best keywords for the product or service that you are advertising with your pay per click campaign. If you are an independent retailer who sells digital camera supplies, neither 'camera' nor 'digital camera' will be the right keyword for your PPC campaign, both are too broad. Choose a keyword or key phrase that is more specific such as 'Nikon point and shoot digital camera' or 'Canon EOS 30D' if you sell high end Canon digital SLR cameras. By choosing the right keywords, you will be able to bring targeted traffic to your website, buyers who are looking for the product that you sell.
- Check your keywords with a search marketing tool.
- Create a pay per click ad that makes a promise to the searcher. A promise that you as an independent retailer can keep. Be sure to use the keyword or key phrase in the ad body, and promote a benefit as well. For example, you could offer free shipping on that product or promise great deals and low prices.
- Be sure that your pay per click ad leads to a relevant landing site. The last part of a PPC ad is a link to your website. If you sell multiple products, a key to making your PPC campaign more successful is ensuring that when searching for a specific product, when that person clicks on your ad it takes them to the product page. Remember that when people are searching for a specific product, they use a search engine to find it. They will not want to also have to search your website to find it.
- Know your marketing budget before you launch your pay per click campaign, and stick to it. If you can only afford to spend $100 on marketing with a pay per click campaign, be sure to set your bids accordingly. Resist the urge to enter a bidding war with another retailer.
By following these tips, keeping a close eye on your pay per click marketing campaign and making small modifications, you will find that your campaigns are more successful. You will attract new customers, give them the product, service and price that they are looking for and win their confidence. These are all things that will bring customers back when they are looking for similar products.
About the Author
Caroline Melberg is President and CEO of Small Business Mavericks, a division of Melberg Marketing. She has over 20 years of experience creating marketing communications materials and writing copy for some of most successful companies in the world. She publishes the popular weekly eZine, "Small Business Maverick Secrets." Learn valuable Marketing tips you can use immediately to find new customers and increase your sales, online or off. Subscribers also get a FREE copy of her eBook, "Local Small Business Internet Marketing Secrets." Get your FREE subscription at http://www.SmallBusinessMavericks.com.
Entire contents ©2017, Sumner Communications, Inc. (203)
748-2050. All rights reserved. No part of this service may be
any form without the express written permission of Sumner Communications,
Inc. except that an individual may download and/or forward articles
to a reasonable number of recipients for personal,