More than 3,100 top exhibitors from around the world will gather in Las Vegas March 2 through 5 for the 2008 ASD/AMD Trade Shows: Variety Merchandise, Military Tactical Outdoor (MTO) Show, Gift Show, & Jewelry Show.
Tens of thousands of attendees receive full access to the ASD/AMD Variety Merchandise Show, the largest in the nation, encompassing virtually every product category and price point. Its extensive retail offerings include outdoor merchandise, tools & hardware, apparel and footwear, fashion accessories, handbags and wallets, seasonal and holiday, licensed products, luggage, novelties and souvenirs, general merchandise and much more.
ASD/AMD Variety Merchandise Show attendees also have access to the Gift Show, Jewelry Show and Military Tactical Outdoor (MTO) Show.
Attendees of the March show, produced by Nielsen Business Media, will find a number of new features, including two new locations for the Variety Merchandise Show at the Sands Expo Center and the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Beginning in 2009, ASD/AMD Trade Shows will host the bi-annual show exclusively at the Las Vegas Convention Center, through 2020. Other enhancements include:
New Dates: Show Opens Sunday, March 2 and closes Wednesday, March 5, 2008
New Hours: Sunday, March 2 - Tuesday, March 4:
Sands Expo Center and Mandalay Bay Convention Center:
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Mirage Events Center & Grand Ballroom
10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
New Hours: Wednesday, March 5: ALL SITES
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Specialized Sections: Variety Merchandise Show Sections:
- Value Apparel. An enhanced section to provide Buyers with a one-stop show destination for their apparel needs.
- Military Tactical Outdoor. From kid's Cammo PJ's to rugged camping gear, the MTO Show is keeping with the tradition since 1961. ASD/AMD continues the ASD/AMD Military Tactical Outdoor Show in March 2008. This section crosses over from industry only to mainstream buyers.
- Fashion Accessories. Fashion Accessories are well in demand by Buyers in many categories. Whether Buyers are ordering as part of their core business or adding to their merchandise mix, fashion forward trend making items are found here.
- Tools & Hardware. As the home improvement market grows, so does the variety of Exhibitors in this section. Buyers searching for line extensions, margin builders and inventory needs now have a dedicated area.
- Variety & General Merchandise. Providing the largest show of its kind. New and returning Buyers attend ASD/AMD for a wide selection of ancillary products and price points to meet their inventory needs.
Gift Show Sections:
- Furniture & Home Décor. The Ultimate Open House makes its debut at the Gift Show in 2008. Over 500 booths dedicated to interior lifestyles. Find trend setting home fashions, from furniture, lighting, decorative items, floral décor, art, textiles and more.
- Holiday & Seasonal. Featuring seasonal merchandise, including trim-a-tree, candles, home décor, floral, novelty, collectibles, toys, party goods and gifts, this section celebrates all seasons in style.
- Specialty & Gourmet Foods. Dedicated to showcasing gourmet and epicurean delights, this collection features candies, confections, coffees & teas, oils, vinegars and more.
- Gifts & More. The largest division of the Show covers every facet of the gift industry, featuring toys, plush, stationery & greeting cards, collectibles, spa, signs, banners, novelty, resort and souvenir products.
ASD/AMD continues to grow each year.The Gift Show, encompassing gifts, home décor and furniture, and plush toys, is the largest national gift show in the West. The Jewelry Show features fine and fashion products in every category. The U.S. MTO market (a growing retail segment) already surpasses $4 billion annually.
Please visit merchandisegroup.com for additional trade show information.
About The Merchandise Group
Nielsen Business Media's Merchandise Group is the leading producer of trade shows and publications in the variety, gift and general merchandise industry.
The Merchandise Group produces five trade shows annually, in Las Vegas, New York, and Atlantic City, including the variety and general merchandise industry's flagship event, the 8,000 booth ASD/AMD Trade Show Las Vegas.
About Nielsen Business Media
Nielsen Business Media, a division of The Nielsen Company, is a leading market-focused provider of integrated information and sales and marketing solutions.
With 42 publications, over 135 trade shows and conferences, and 185 digital products and services, Nielsen Business Media offers insight, analysis and face to face contacts to help professionals better understand their markets, serve their customers and grow their businesses.
Entire contents ©2017, Sumner Communications, Inc. (203)
748-2050. All rights reserved. No part of this service may be
any form without the express written permission of Sumner Communications,
Inc. except that an individual may download and/or forward articles
to a reasonable number of recipients for personal,