Have you ever wondered what happens to store fixtures that are removed from stores such as Macy's, CVS, Rite Aid or Burlington Coat Factory when they close or remodel? Often times they are just thrown in a dumpster to be taken to the local landfill. There are companies that recycle these fixtures, by purchasing the fixtures when a store is undergoing changes and reselling them to other retailers. "It is a win -win situation, said Tom Saladino, CEO of Store Fixture SuperCenter. "Our customers are able to purchase expensive fixtures that they could not otherwise afford, and we are able to recycle fixtures that would otherwise end up in the dump,." Store Fixture SuperCenter has locations in Richmond, Virginia, Flint, Michigan and Las Vegas, Nevada, and ships internationally from these locations.
There are many other regional companies. Inventory is constantly changing at these companies, but generally there are several staple inventories in stock, such as retail store shelving. Many of these companies also carry new fixtures to supplement the used display and fixture items. Store Fixture SuperCenter actually imports new fixtures such as accessories for gridwall and slatwall, as well as chrome fixtures and showcases.
When visually merchandising a retail store with store fixtures and display merchandise, some areas to take into account are:
- Wall Displays - slatwall panels and fixtures, gridwall panels and displays, slotted wall standards, face-outs, hangrails, and shelving.
- Floor Fixtures - gridwall panels and accessories, garment racks, display cases and counters, metal shelving gondolas, floor and cube merchandisers.
- Display Products - mannequins and body forms, clear acrylic displays, countertop and jewelry displays.
- Supplies & Equipment - hangers and steamers, tagging supplies and labelers, packaging and shopping bags.
- Promotional Items - window signs and banners, sign holders and sign cards, sale tags and tickets.
- Lighting Fixtures - track lighting and accessories, rope lights.
- Security Equipment - security cameras and mirrors, entry alert chimes, security chains, crowd control systems.
Most, if not all of these fixtures can be purchased from used equipment retailers. Purchasing used fixtures will save money and allow a retailer to purchase fixtures that he would not be able to afford if they were purchased new.
So, wonder no more. Take advantage of the used fixture market and display product for less so you can spend more in inventory.
For more information, contact:
Store Fixture SuperCenter
707 E. 7th Street
Richmond, VA 23223
Toll Free: 877-280-7304
Entire contents ©2019, Sumner Communications, Inc. (203) 748-2050. All rights reserved. No part of this service may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of Sumner Communications, Inc. except that an individual may download and/or forward articles via e-mail to a reasonable number of recipients for personal, non-commercial purposes.